This work was composed in 1992 for Japanese and Percussion instruments.
The title is Kaleidoscore, which is a compound word of kaleidoscope and score.
Perform improvisation poetry by selecting one figure from A to D on all four sides.
Performance time is 3 to 5 minutes.
- Two players start at the same time.
They don’t have to finish at the same time.
- he shortest time for each block is 2 seconds and the maximum is 10 seconds.
Mix short, medium and long, and play 4 sides continuously.
Don’t change the tempo of one side during the performance.
- The tempo of the faces selected from the 4 faces (for example, A, C, B, C, D, A, etc) must not be the same.
- Your volume strength should not be the same as your partner.
Be sure to set the volume opposite or amplify it more.
- You can play the figure as many times as you like from the four sides, but be sure to select it only once.
- You can write the figure yourself and compose a new Kaleidoscore and play it.
Sign in figures (Six types from the top)
Phrase (connected song)
Ornament (by ad lib)
Special sound ( sounds by new instruments)
Changing sound ( glissand, vibrato, etc)